Welcome to SMILE PANDA Backpackers zone. A first of its kind initiative for the backpackers traveling into this region. Here you will find popular & offbeat places of Sikkim, Darjeeling and Dooars region where you can go for short village/nature walk, monastery walk, even multi days trekking in the nearby mountains. You don’t worry about the permit or the transportation connectivity for these places. We have chosen these places in such a way that you can reach here by shared vehicle and if you are coming in a group and want a pick up option then just let us know. We will arrange a vehicle for you or we will share the shared vehicle taxi stand with exact local fare so you know everything before travel.
For accommodation you don’t stay in hostel here, instead we have arranged Homestay accommodation for you. Traditional village huts, freshly cooked food, warm hospitality from the host- this Backpackers Homestays are perfect destination for visitors like you. But the biggest surprise is that you get your accommodation and food everything under ₹950 or $12 – which is lesser !
What! are you guys crazy?
Haha, maybe, but that’s the deal.
Wow, tell me then what’s included there.
- Well you get accommodation in a Homestay on single or sharing basis.
- 3 course meal (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner). The food will be freshly cooked in the home kitchen where most of the vegetables will come from the kitchen garden or purchased from small farmers.
- Morning and evening tea.
Sounds really tempting, but tell me if there is any hidden price!
I must say this total package is something which I was not expecting here in this price.
- There will be clean linen in your room and the toilets will be clean.
- The location will be serene, away from noise and pollution.
- There will be opportunity to go for village walk and experience rural culture.
- You can engage yourself with daily farming activities like collecting fodder with your host, maintain kitchen garden, learn to cook local cuisine, etc.
- Some Homestays has multi days high altitude trekking option in the Himalayas so if you want to give it a try just let us know.
Wait, hold on, I’m sold!
just tell me how to book and when can I come?