One can for a day hike to Guru Rimpochhe cave from Punakha. This hike starts from Mitesgang- a small community which is around 11 km from Punakha. It takes around 2 hrs to reach at the place and the path is steep. Not many tourists know about this trail thus it gives a superb experience to the hikers. One can see some beautiful birds on this trail. At the cave premises there is a small temple. According to the legend Guru Padmasambhava or Guru Rimpochhe visited this cave after he completed his retreat at Maratika cave in Nepal.
Things to carry
- Comfortable and warm clothes.
- A daysack(20 L).
- Good quality trekking shoes.
- Rain Jacket/Poncho.
- Sunscreen lotion or any other skin moisturizers.
- Water bottles and energy bars/snacks.
- A pair of sunglasses.
Permit & Entry fee
All the permit procedure and entry fees will be taken care by us including you still and video camera charges.
Custom & Advisory
- Pay attention to your guide to enjoy a safe and sound hiking experience.
- Do not consume alcohol or any other intoxicants during the hike.
- Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the hike.
- It’s our responsibility to keep the nature clean. Please do not encourage littering the local places or campsites.
- Observe silence inside a monastery or temple.
- While visiting in any religious place please remove your footwear before entering into the main temple.
- People will happily pose for a picture but please ask them before do so.
- Tipping is not mandatory. It’s up to your satisfaction.
Health & Safety
- If you are allergic to plants and pollen then take precaution.
- Carry at least 2 ltr of water with you for this hike.
- This place is safe for family and friends and tourist friendly.