You can go for a day long excursion trip to Tsomgo lake. At the distance of some 40 km (25 mi) from the capital Gangtok this is one of the most beautiful lakes in Sikkim. It is located at an elevation of 3,753 m (12,313 ft) above mean sea level and remains frozen during the winter season. The lake is considered sacred by the local people. You can also go for Yak ride at the Lake premises. One can also enjoy cable car ride at the lake premises which is India’s one of the highest rope-way service.
Things to carry
- Water bottle.
- A pair of sunglasses.
- Cap or hat.
- Umbrella (If you are traveling during rainy season).
Permit & Entry fee
All the permit procedure and entry fees will be taken care by us including you still and video camera charges.
Custom & Advisory
- Observe silence inside a monastery or temple.
- While visiting in any religious place please remove your footwear before entering into the main temple.
- Wear modest clothes while visiting any religious place.
- People will happily pose for a picture but please ask them before do so.
Health & Safety
- This place is safe for family and friends and tourist friendly.