You can go for soulful day hike to Mim Tea estate, one of the famous and old Tea estates of Darjeeling. This hike starts from Maneybhanjyang which is the base camp for Sandakphu-Phalut Trek. Once you pass Maneybhanjyang you can get the rural view of Darjeeling mountains. Every villages houses are so beautifully painted and decorated. All of these region falls organic farming zone. You also cross a small stream on your way to the tea garden. At the altitude of 2200 m above mean sea level, Mim Tea estate offers picturesque landscape to it’s visitors. It looks so magical when clouds play with the landscape and touch the tea garden. The snowcapped mountain views in the backdrop looks so astounding. Experiencing the exotic view of tea garden return back to Maneybhanjyang where you hike will come to an end.
Things to carry
- Comfortable and warm clothes.
- A daysack(20 L).
- Good quality trekking shoes.
- Rain Jacket/Poncho.
- Sunscreen lotion or any other skin moisturizers.
- Water bottles and energy bars/snacks.
- A pair of sunglasses.
Permit & Entry fee
All the permit procedure and entry fees will be taken care by us including the still and video camera charges. National tourists must bring valid id card with them. Foreign tourists must bring their passport with valid visa for this hike.
Custom & Advisory
- Pay attention to your guide to enjoy a safe and sound hiking experience.
- Do not consume alcohol or any other intoxicants during the hike.
- Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the hike.
- It’s our responsibility to keep the nature clean. Please do not encourage littering the local places.
- Observe silence inside a monastery or temple.
- While visiting in any religious place please remove your footwear before entering into the main temple.
- People will happily pose for a picture but please ask them before do so.
- Tipping is not mandatory. It’s up to your satisfaction.
Health & Safety
- If you are allergic to plants and pollen then take precaution.
- The local Tea-houses serve safe drinking water but if you are not sure then you can carry packaged drinking water from Maneybhanjyang.
- This place is safe for family and friends and tourist friendly.