A day long unique hike in the beautiful Singalila National Park which is spread over in an area of 79 sq km. This National park is home to endangered Red Panda. This is also a peaceful home to some beautiful birds like Scarlet minivet, Satyr tragopan, Rufous-vented tit, Blood pheasant etc. If you like flowers then you must come here during spring season (April-May). You will be amazed to see the Rhododendrons, Magnolias blooming everywhere. During Winter (Jan-Mar) you can get a snowbound view of this National park.
In this day-hike you hike zigzag between India and and Nepal and the beautiful view of Kanchenjunga, world’s third highest mountain, always follows you. This hike starts from Chitrey where you come from Darjeeling by our car and from there a trail zigzags between India and Nepal to reach Tumling. It will take around 3 hrs to reach at Tumling from Chitrey. On this way you cross small hamlets name Lamaydhura and Meghma. While coming back you take the same trail but visit a new place name Tonglu. The lush green forest, Birds, Kanchenjunga, Bamboo huts this hike so beautiful and full of attractions.
Things to carry
- Comfortable and warm clothes.
- A daysack(20 L).
- Good quality trekking shoes.
- Rain Jacket/Poncho.
- Sunscreen lotion or any other skin moisturizers.
- Water bottles and energy bars/snacks.
- A pair of sunglasses.
Permit & Entry fee
All the permit procedure and entry fees will be taken care by us including the still and video camera charges. National tourists must bring valid id card with them. Foreign tourists must bring their passport with valid visa for this hike.
Custom & Advisory
- Pay attention to your guide to enjoy a safe and sound hiking experience.
- Do not consume alcohol or any other intoxicants during the hike.
- Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the hike.
- It’s our responsibility to keep the nature clean. Please do not encourage littering the local places or campsites.
- Observe silence inside a monastery or temple.
- While visiting in any religious place please remove your footwear before entering into the main temple.
- People will happily pose for a picture but please ask them before do so.
- Tipping is not mandatory. It’s up to your satisfaction.
Health & Safety
- If you are allergic to plants and pollen then take precaution.
- The local Tea-houses serve safe drinking water but if you are not sure then you can buy packaged drinking water almost at every Tea-house.
- This place is safe for family and friends and tourist friendly.