Situated in the foothill of Sinchula hill range of Eastern Himalayas and spread over 760 sq km, Buxa Tiger Reserve is India’s one of the largest National Parks. The Phipsu Wildlife Sanctuary of Bhutan shares the border with Buxa Tiger Reserve in the north and the famous Manas National Park lies to it’s east. There are more than 235 species of birds have been recorded so far in this Tiger reserve and that makes this area a paradise for birdwatchers. Amongst the various species there are some rare, beautiful and migratory birds which one can see here. The rare Bengal florican is a bird which one can spot in this region. Apart from this, Slender-billed vulture, Chestnut-breasted partridge, Rufous-necked hornbill, Greater pied hornbill, Ibisbill, migratory Goosander, White-throated Redstart, Wagtails, the rare black necked crane, migratory common teal, black stork, large whistling teal, minivets, and ferruginous pochards, etc are the key attractions of this Tiger reserve.
SMILE PANDA Tours organizes guided birdwatching trip in this Tiger Reserve for the interested visitors. Our customized birdwatching itineraries are carefully designed so that birdwatchers can have plenty of chances to get maximum views. We are so lucky to have local birdwatching guides with us who know this region for many years. It’s their years of field study experience that makes them one of the most experienced birdwatchers here. So with us we can firmly say that your are going with the masters of this jungle.
Things to carry
- Comfortable clothes.
- Good quality trekking shoes.
- Rain Jacket/Poncho.
- Water bottles and energy bars/snacks.
- A pair of sunglasses.
Permit & Entry fee
We will arrange all the permit needed for this tour.
Custom & Advisory
- Pay attention to your guide to enjoy a safe and sound birdwatching experience.
- Avoid wearing clothes having fluorescent or neon colors.
- Maintain silence while walking in the sanctuary.
- It’s our responsibility to keep the nature clean. Please do not encourage littering the local places or campsites.
- Do not consume alcohol or any other intoxicants during the tour.
- We can provide porter to carry your gears at an additional cost.
- Tipping is not mandatory. It’s up to your satisfaction.
Health & Safety
- If you are allergic to plants and pollen then take precaution.
- Buxa Tiger Reserve is famous for rich flora and fauna. Here the large animals are Indian Elephant, Common Leopard, Indian bison, etc. However, they are less seen in the route. No wildlife attack on birdwatchers have been recorded so far. But it’s not advisable to go for unguided walks in this Tiger reserve.