You can go for blissful explorations like nature walk or short hiking trip to the nearby Tenzing-Hillary memorial park from Uttarey. This memorial park was built and dedicated to first ascenders of Mt. Everest- Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay. It takes around 2 hrs time from Uttarey. There is a dirt road from Uttarey up to this park and the walk is very pleasant as you will hardly find any car coming to this road. We pass small Sikkimese villages on our way up to this Park. It is so nice to see how Sikkimese people decorate their houses and maintain the cleanliness. Once we get closer to the hilltop, the Uttarey town looks so beautiful. The air is so pure and pollution free here and the whistling of birds will soothe your ears. The park is marked with big statues of Tenzing Norgay and Edmund Hillary. You can easily pass your time by sitting here and admiring the serene surroundings. Spending some quality time we go further to the nearby forest for a adventurous jungle walk. The nearby forests are great for birdwatching and very few people knows about it. While returning we take a different trail to reach Uttarey. Upon arrival at Uttarey this peaceful day-hike comes to an end.
Things to carry
- Comfortable and warm clothes.
- A daysack(20 L).
- Good quality trekking shoes.
- Rain Jacket/Poncho.
- Sunscreen lotion or any other skin moisturizers.
- Water bottles and energy bars/snacks.
- A pair of sunglasses.
Permit & Entry fee
All the permit procedure and entry fees will be taken care by us including the still and video camera charges.
Custom & Advisory
- Pay attention to your guide to enjoy a safe and sound hiking experience.
- Do not consume alcohol or any other intoxicants during the hike.
- Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the hike.
- It’s our responsibility to keep the nature clean. Please do not encourage littering the local places.
- Observe silence inside a monastery or temple.
- While visiting in any religious place please remove your footwear before entering into the main temple.
- People will happily pose for a picture but please ask them before do so.
- Tipping is not mandatory. It’s up to your satisfaction.
Health & Safety
- If you are allergic to plants and pollen then take precaution.
- Carry sufficient water (2 ltr pp) with you for the hike. You can refill your water bottle in the houses on your way to the park.
- This place is safe for family and friends and tourist friendly.