You can go for a day long excursion tour to the various places of interest in Lachen. The star attraction is Gurudongmar lake which is one of the highest lakes in the World. Located at the altitude of 5130 m above mean sea level, the beauty of this lake is something which can’t be describes in just few words. Another attraction is Chopta valley which is surrounded by beautiful mountains and offers exotic view. This full day tour program can be customized to meet your needs. The journey itself is very serene as you can see some rare seen places of the Himalayas which few people have seen.
*Foreign tourists are restricted to visit Gurudongmar Lake as it’s closer to border. But there is nothing to loose as this will allow more time to explore the Chopta valley and we can say firmly that the beauty of the valley will simply amaze you and make you speechless!
Things to carry
- Balaclava or scarf to cover your ears.
- Water bottle.
- A pair of sunglasses.
- Cap or hat.
- Medicine for motion sickness.
Permit & Entry fee
We will arrange all the permit needed for this tour.
Custom & Advisory
- Observe silence inside a monastery or temple.
- While visiting in any religious place please remove your footwear before entering into the main temple.
- Wear modest clothes while visiting any religious place.
- People will happily pose for a picture but please ask them before do so.
Health & Safety
- If you are allergic to plants and pollen then take precaution.
- Carry water and snacks from Lachen.
- This area falls in high altitude zone. Tourists may feel light headache, motion sickness on their way to the Lake. Take deep breath and drink adequate water to acclimatize with this altitude.
- Don’t cover your ears while you are inside of the car. It’s will allow your body to acclimatize to this altitude.