A day long unique hike in the eastern Himalayas. Mountains, meadows, Flowers, Birds – this hike has so many attractions. This region is home to endangered Red Panda along with beautiful birds like Kalij Pheasant, Scarlet minivet, Blue whistling thrush, Rufous-vented tit etc. If you are flower lover then you must come here during spring (April-May) and post-monsoon (Oct-Nov) season. During Winter (Jan-Mar) you can experience exotic snow-walk here.
This hike starts from Maneybhanjan, a busy village in Indo-Nepal border where you reach by our car from Darjeeling. We take a road from there and walk through beautiful alpine forest to reach Chitey. The view of Kanchenjunga and it’s Sleeping Buddha formation will simply make you speechless.
From Chitrey a trail zigzags between India and Nepal to reach Tumling. It will take around 3 hrs to reach Tumling. On this way you pass small hamlets name Lamaydhura and Meghma. While coming back you take the same trail but visiting a new place Tonglu. The lush green forest, Birds, Kanchenjunga, Bamboo huts this hike so beautiful and full of attractions.
Things to carry
- Comfortable and warm clothes.
- A daysack(20 L).
- Good quality trekking shoes.
- Rain Jacket/Poncho.
- Sunscreen lotion or any other skin moisturizers.
- Water bottles and energy bars/snacks.
- A pair of sunglasses.
Permit & Entry fee
All the permit procedure and entry fees will be taken care by us including the still and video camera charges. National tourists must bring valid id card with them. Foreign tourists must bring their passport with valid visa for this hike.
Custom & Advisory
- Pay attention to your guide to enjoy a safe and sound hiking experience.
- Do not consume alcohol or any other intoxicants during the hike.
- Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the hike.
- It’s our responsibility to keep the nature clean. Please do not encourage littering the local places or campsites.
- Observe silence inside a monastery or temple.
- While visiting in any religious place please remove your footwear before entering into the main temple.
- People will happily pose for a picture but please ask them before do so.
- Tipping is not mandatory. It’s up to your satisfaction.
Health & Safety
- If you are allergic to plants and pollen then take precaution.
- The local Tea-houses serve safe drinking water but if you are not sure then you can buy packaged drinking water almost at every Tea-house.
- This place is safe for family and friends and tourist friendly.